see our FULL class schedule or Register
Understanding Birth & Baby – 7 week series
This childbirth preparation class includes all of the information covered in our Understanding Labor & Birth, and our Nurtured Mother, Baby, Family classes.
Understanding Labor and Birth (first 4 weeks)
Understand the basics of birth physiology; hormones and how they work together to start and continue labor, how to work with the pelvis and uterus as they change and move, and how thoughts and emotions may play a roll in how childbirth unfolds. Learn what to expect where you have chosen to give birth, routine procedures, as well as discovering how to make the best decisions for you and your baby.
Week 1: Understanding Labor & Birth – Nuts and Bolts, and how it works
Week 2: Informed Choices – Making the best decisions for you
Week 3 & 4: Comfort in Labor & Birth- How to make it go well, including comfort measures
Nurtured Mother, Baby, Family (second 3 weeks)
Often so much time is spent preparing for childbirth, that couples feel at a loss for what to do once the baby arrives. This class is designed to help families prepare for a healthy postpartum and a new normal. We will cover breastfeeding basics, developing secure attachment, postpartum healing, and healthy transitions when adding another little person to your family.
Week 5: Understanding Breastfeeding – Nourishing baby
Week 6: Nurturing Baby – What does a newborn expect?
Week 7: Nurturing Mother and Family – Healthy transitions
Seven-week evening series 2021 dates
- All classes in 2021 will be taught ONLINE via Zoom until it is deemed safe to gather in person again.
- January 7, 14, 21, 28 & February 4, 11, 18 (Thurs)
- March 4, 11, 18, 25 & April 1, 8, 15 (Thurs)
- May 6, 13, 20, 27 & June 3, 10, 17 (Thurs)
- August 5, 12, 19, 26 & September 2, 9, 16 (Thurs)
- September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 & October 6, 13 (Wed)
- October 7, 14, 21, 28 & November 4, 11, 18 (Thurs)
- Available for private classes in December
7-week series $390
Single class $90